Last Updated: 11/19/2019
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN FROM YOU? WHEN DO WE OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION?
If, upon using our App, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information. However, we may request personal information from you at other times. For example:
- If you enroll for a BHN user account through the App, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- If you post to our discussion forums, we may ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address, and password.
- If you want to enter any promotions, contests, or similar sweepstakes sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address, and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we may ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, and other identifying information. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect the security and quality of your personal information, we use a third party software to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control. This software encrypts and stores all sensitive information in a safe environment. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself and those with whom you share your password, BHN, as well as third party access facilitated by BHN with your prior permission.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain, and improve your experience on our App generally, as well as provide you with customized, personalization services, and interactive communications.
- If you check the “opt-in” feature on our App, or if you do not uncheck a pre-checked “opt-in” box we may from time to time send you e-mails regarding our App and special promotions. Also, we occasionally may send you direct mail about products and/or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- When you enter any promotions, contests, or sweepstakes sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the services offered through our App. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate and only for internal use of BHN.
- We may research the demographics, interests, and behavior of our customers based on the information provided to us during membership registration, during promotions, contests, or sweepstakes, from our server log files, from cookies and from surveys. Our research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate and only for internal use of BHN.
CAN YOU “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM BHN?
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to email@example.com.
DO WE SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
No. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. We may use the information for our own internal use and analytics, but we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to others.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We generally will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below:
- As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as promotions, contests, or sweepstakes. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored promotions, contests, or sweepstakes will become the joint property of BHN and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
- Under confidentiality agreements, we may match user information with third party data. We also may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of BHN or any third party, including other customers. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that law or regulation requires disclosure.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF BHN PARTNERS
HOW CAN YOU UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
You may edit your personally identifiable information and your password at any time by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO YOU HAVE CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES?
Yes, you have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to block certain cookies, or to reject all cookies. However, our App uses cookie-based authentication. Accordingly, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto our App and/or use our services or participate in our promotions, contests, or sweepstakes.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY?